“Facts about Warren Buffet
1) Warren bought his first share at age 11
and he now regrets that he started too late!
2) He bought a small farm at age 14 with
savings from delivering newspapers.
3) He still lives in the same small 3
bedroom house in mid-town Omaha, that
he bought after he got married 50 years
ago. He says that he has everything he
needs in that house.
4) He drives his own car everywhere and
does not have a driver or security people
5) He never travels by private jet, although
he owns the world’s largest private jet
6) His company, Berkshire Hathaway,
owns 63 companies. He writes only one
letter each year to the CEOs of these
companies, giving them goals for the year.
He never holds meetings or calls them on a
7) Warren Buffet has given his CEO’s only
Rule number 1: Do not lose any of your
share holder’s money.
Rule number 2: Do not forget rule number
8) He does not socialize with the high
society crowd. His past time after he gets
home is to make himself some pop corn
and watch television.
9) Bill Gates, the world’s richest man met
him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill
Gates did not think he had anything in
common with Warren Buffet. So he had
scheduled his meeting only for half hour.
But when Gates met him, the meeting
lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became
a devotee of Warren Buffet.
10) Warren Buffet does not carry a cell
phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
11) His advice to young people: Stay away
from credit cards and invest in yourself.
12) He has donated $31 billion (85% of his
fortune) to charity.”