Here it is, the middle of March 2010 already. This means almost 1/4th of 2010 is over… already. Where does the time go? Regardless, I just wanted to take a quick look back, as I sip on some coffee, and take a look forward as well. Back in December of last year I posted a blog post talking about my 2010 New Year’s Resolutions which you can find at the link below:
In this post I mentioned seven main topics that I wanted to challenge myself to this year. Looking back upon it, I’m happy to be able to say that I’ve already, “pretty much so” anyway, accomplished the first four goals….
1) Beginning with this post, I want to start writing more in this blog, alongside the funny photos, etc.. which this blog will always contain. I also want to post more video blogs, which I just did with the ING post about a week ago.
2) In 2010 I want to, and WILL, start selling Photography Prints and Tea/Teaware on OUnitProductions.com, alongside the Unique & Funny Posters. As for the posters I want to expand the stock, expand the OUP on eBay section, and offer other specials, deals, etc… Also I want to expand OUnitProductions.com in general.
3) Early 2010 I plan on leasing a brand new car, possibly even before this year’s end.
4) I plan on making my “2010 Photography Tour” a success during the Summer of 2010. I wanted to kick it off big last month with a trip to Minnesota, but that got cancelled last minute. Possibly I can squeeze a stop there in during next Summer? Regardless, I will go through with the stops in Outer Banks, NC, Doswell, VA, Hershey, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, and Atlantic City, NJ. It’s going to be a blast!
The first three I have accomplished, and #4 is a work-in-progress. In about three months that will happen, and I am excited beyond belief. So, this brings me to my #5 goal…
5) I want to sleep MUCH less than I already do. Hustle even HARDER! And get back on a steady gym schedule! I’ve been slipping HARD!
It’s unfortunate but I’ve still been slipping on the gym. I was actually in the gym working out this past Tuesday, but for the first time in months. It felt great. Hopefully I can stick with it this time. As far as sleep I’ve worked hard without a doubt, but I can push this even further. I am not saying that I want to physically hurt myself, but I just want to use every second possible, every single day, attempting to reach my goals and follow my passion.
Finally, my #6 and #7 goals were as follows:
6) By 2010’s years end I MUST expand my net worth by at least double, if not triple. This is a BIG goal, but can be done with hard work. I fully believe that.
7) Finally, I want to make more time for family, friends, and have even more fun than I already do, despite wanting to spend the year hustling extremely hard. This is what life is all about. What’s the point of working if you don’t have fun alongside?
The Net Worth goal was a little bit bold, but that’s something I think about every day. I am always going to follow money. That’s just who I am. I’m sure there will never be a time when I’m not chasing money. Despite that I’ve recently come to terms with the fact that money isn’t everything, which I sort of brought up in that #7 goal last year. After doing much soul searching, thinking, and brainstorming I’ve realized that I have one true passion in life. That passion is photography. I love shooting photography. There’s nothing like the feeling you get knowing that somebody else approves of and/or likes a photograph that you shot, and thought was “cool.”
If I could live one dream out of all of the dreams which I have, it would be to have the ability to make a living just shooting photography that I like and getting steady income from that. Life is all about passion. My passion is taking photographs of things that interest me. Nature shots, amusement park shots, wildlife shots, anything that I find interesting at a specific time. I want to be able to run a successful business just shooting the things I love to shoot. Not what anybody else wants me to shoot. I dream of the day where people appreciate my vision, desire my vision, and in turn support my vision financially. This dream is not way out there. I firmly believe that with the right passion, dedication, and straight HUSTLE put forth I WILL reach this goal.
I want to continue to sell my photography through online outlets such as OUnitProductions.com and Imagekind, as well as local art shows, a retail store one day, the possibilities are endless.
With OUnitProductions.com I’ve attempted to tackle a lot. My poster, etc.. business, a graphic design company, a local cleaning company, the photography, my tea company. I have firm beliefs that one day all of these will be extremely successful. But I’ve got to be honest with myself. It’s time to continue to develop them all, but really just hone in on one. That one is going to be my true passion as I’ve already talked about…. photography.
Meanwhile on the side I’ll continue to give my all towards my “day-job,” Managing at Papa John’s Pizza. There are times when I wonder why I work there. But, I truely do enjoy it. It pays me well, I enjoy the people I work with, and it’s allowing me time to chase my dreams while I’m not working. I’ve already worked there 14 months, and I see no end in sight. As of right now my goal is to pretty much keep everything the same up until July of 2012. A little over two more years. Continue to work at Papa John’s, continue to develop my company and follow my dreams, live at the same residence, save money. Then I’d like to be able to move onto the next stage of my life. I would like to move to Hershey, Pennsylvania, buy a house, open a retail store (possibly either in Hershey or here in State College, still not sure what time frame this will happen), and continue to chase my passion of photography to its highest possible point.
Possibly I’ll transfer to Papa John’s in Hershey in 2012 and continue to work on the side? Maybe I’ll have enough income by then to just chase my dreams of nothing but photography? Maybe OUnitProductions.com will have taken off in a different direction all together by then? Anything is possible. That is what is so great about life. Anything can happen. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s bad. You just have to roll with the punches.
Hustle brings great things. Passion brings great things. I’m going to continue to hustle and be passionate about what I love. We’ll see where this life takes me ;)